News Announcements and Tech Tips
- Oct 25, 2023 at the Pleasanton Senior Center: Local seniors – come visit an informative session on cybersecurity: https://patch.com
- Oct 1, 2023: CBT’s new Twitter (now “X” !) handle is now https://x.com/calbusinesstech
- Sept. 19, 2023: Follow CBT on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/calbusinesstech
- On May 11, 2023 – Visit us at the upcoming Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce Tradeshow: https://www.facebook.com/pleasantonchamber/
- CISA Update March 15, 2022
No longer rely on encouraging end-users to enable MFA; Organizations need to mandate MFA in their policies and procedures: https://www.cisa.gov/uscert/ncas/alerts/aa22-074a
- Updated Advisory from CISA and FBI (Nov. 22, 2021): https://www.cisa.gov/news/2021/11/22/cisa-and-fbi-urge-organizations-remain-vigilant-ransomware-and-cyber-threats
- CBT has added a new and much shorter domain name:
cbt.io is valid as of November 1, 2021, and our outbound emails will being using this shorter domain name more often as we roll this change out to our users, and out ticketing system.
- FBI-CISA Advisory on Ransomware Awareness for Holidays and Weekends
- Microsoft releases 2022 without much fanfare, but worth a look!
- CBT continues to strongly encourage the use of MFA. Browsing Homeland Security’s site, MFA is “top of the list” on their “Cyber Lessons” page: